Menaggio is located at the mouth of the Val Menaggina, at the point where the bifurcation of the Regina state road to Porlezza and Switzerland starts.
Its panoramic position, the mild climate, the splendid lakefront with well-kept flower beds and ancient trees attract a large number of tourists, who love to stroll in the historic center and stop in the central square, bordered by shops and cafes, where city life pulsates. The facades of some medieval houses still bear the remains of ancient decorations.
– The Sanctuary of the Madonna della Pace in the Nobiallo hamlet.
– The Church of Santo Stefano.
– The Castel.
– Villa Mylius Vigoni, from the names of the owners.
– Villa Mylius Vigoni, rich in works of art and surrounded by a vast park was inherited by the last owner to the Federal Republic of Germany in 1983 and today constitutes a cultural meeting point between Italy and Germany.
– Above Menaggio, a golf course of extraordinary beauty for those who practice this sport.
– From Griante to Cadenabbia the Riviera of the Azaleas stretches and gardening enthusiasts and nature lovers visit, especially in the spring, in Tremezzo Villa Carlotta to admire the tall hedges blooming in all their luxuriant splendor.
– Another favorite destination for tourists is Villa Balbianello built at the end of the eighteenth century by Cardinal Angelo Maria Durini as a place of delights and now owned by the FAI.